We were delighted to welcome a full Seminar Room and online attendees, to our Annual Technical Workshop at the Institute of Physics, London, on 11th October 2022.
Thank you, to the 22 presenters and 65 attendees for making the efforts to travel or who joined us online for a jam packed program that included presentations from the Home office & AWE, our 6 NuSec funded PhD Studentships, 4 UK-US Collaboration Grants PDRAs and 7 Summer 2022 Pilot Project Students.
- Power point presentations are now available to view and download from our NuSec Events Workshop Webpage
- Pilot Project Poster Presentations are available to view and download from our NuSec Poster Publications Webpage
- Our 2022 Annual NuSec Newsletter also summarises our 2021/2022 Achievements and includes details of our 2022-2023 Funding & Networking opportunities
As discussed as our Workshop, please also note the following updates to our current Funding and Research Programs:-
- NuSec-NNSA collaboration Grants - NuSec funding for PDRAs has now increased to £50,000 for projects of up to 6 months and costs can now include Overheads. Grants will be awarded up 80% of bid values. The closing dates for 2023 applications are now 1st January, 1stApril and 31st July 2023 . All award activities must be completed no later than 31st October 2023, to comply with the NuSec Network final end-date stipulated by the STFC. Please visit our NuSec Website NNSA funding page for further application details.
- NuSec & AWE Sigma Data Challenge – If you are interested in participating in this Challenge please read the AWE presentation given at the NuSec Network Technical Workshop 11th October 2022 . Successful applicants will be invited to attend an online meeting in November 2022 to discuss next steps for releasing the SIGMA data. NuSec are also hoping to offer funding to pay 2-3 months of a student stipend to support either undergraduate or postgraduate research for this Data Challenge.
- NuSec Personal Development Grants (PDGs) - are aimed at strengthening the research and innovation capacity of Nuclear Security Scientists and developing new collaborations between UK researchers and partner organisations. Grants of up to £1,000 are available to support attendance and presentations at research conferences, industrial research placements or attending training courses.
The closing date for PDG Applications is now one month before the start date of the proposed personal development activity. Applicants will be informed of a decision usually within 1 - 2 weeks of each closing date. For further details, please visit our NuSec Funding webpage.