NuSec-NNSA collaboration Grants
This new collaborative grant program, funded by the STFC and the NNSA, aims to connect UK and US university researchers working in the areas of nuclear security and non-proliferation.
The NuSec Science Network and the NNSA ETI, MTV and NSSC consortia will provide financial support for a range of activities including research, engagement, mobility and skills training that involve both UK and US researchers.
Grants to support UK researchers collaborating with US partners will be managed by NuSec. Equivalent funding for US researchers to work with colleagues in the UK will be managed by the NNSA consortia.
Nuclear Security topics of mutual interest to NuSec and the NNSA consortia include: -
- Machine learning and big data challenges
- Advanced detection methods for nuclear fuel cycle monitoring.
- Radiation Detection, including detector development, digital pulse processing, and new materials for radiation detectors.
- Novel imaging techniques, including compact gamma and neutron imaging systems, cosmic ray muon imaging of large objects, and real-time CT imaging methods.
- Robotics and remote inspection technologies.
- Additive Manufacturing for non-proliferation technologies.
A range of grants are available to support UK – US undergraduate, post-doctoral and senior academic collaborative activities. These include:
- Short term postdoctoral research projects (up to 3 months), up to £15,000
- Undergraduate student interns/summer research projects, up to £2,000
- Research visits, up to £5,000
- Conferences,Training and collaboration visits, up to £2,000
All grant awards will be made at 80% of the total project cost.
We welcome applications from UK researchers at universities and government laboratories.
Please refer to the Collaboration Grant Guidance Notes and FAQs for further information about the application process and eligibility.
To apply please download the application form.
Please e mail your completed application form and supporting documentation to email@example.com
Application deadlines for 2021/2022 applications are:
- 1st July 2021
- 1st January 2022
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.